- Each circle represents one month's worth of bookings made through Skyscanner for a flight on the route pairings shown
- The price shows the average price paid and average journey duration during time period
- Use the Origin and Destination drop-down to see data for different routes
- The bigger the circle, the more bookings made on journeys during that month
- Hover over the route to see the average value a passenger is willing to pay for different durations of journey
- Routes with a sharper incline from a price on the vertical axis to hours on the horizontal axis mean passengers value a short journey duration heavily and are willing to pay higher ticket values to avoid longer duration
This is super interesting! How can I see more routes and data?
Skyscanner's Travel Insight tool captures global search data and traveller intent from the search engine's 50 million+ monthly visitors offering a comprehensive, unique big data set to help businesses accurately predict future travel demand, helping drive competitive advantage.
*Data is from all global searches and exits on route pairings conducted for travel from months June 2015 through to May 2016
*All searched and bookings were made at least 30 days prior to travel on Cabin Class Economy tickets
*Data included in the dashboard is based on airport searches between BAH – KUL, BJS – BNE, BOS – RIO, JNB – HKT, KUF – SGN, LAX – BUE, LIM – BCN, LON – KTM, NYC – KRK, TLV - HAV
*Selected as popular long-haul commercial routes between 6,000 KM and 11,000 KM in distance
*All routes included in above dashboard currently have no direct non-stop options available
*All prices shown are in US Dollars