If English is not your first language, please select from one of the following
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms & conditions (the “Terms”) apply to all participants in the Build with Skyscanner Promotion (the “Promotion”).
2. The organiser of the Promotion is Skyscanner Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with company number 04217916 and registered address at Suite 7-001 1 Fore Street, London, City Of London, EC2Y 5EJ (“Skyscanner”).
ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRY
4. The Promotion is only open to residents of Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec), China, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Mexico, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, UK and the USA aged 18 or over, and residents of Japan aged 20 or older. Entries may be made as an individual or a team.
5. Entry to the Promotion is free of charge and is not conditional on the purchase or use of any products/services of Skyscanner or its group companies (the “Skyscanner group”).
6. The directors, management and employees or contractors of any entity within the Skyscanner group and any third party involved in the organisation of this Promotion, as well as their immediate families, are not entitled to participate in the promotion.
7. Each entrant may generate as many products as they see fit during the competition period, but shall only be judged on their best product and not the sum of their work.
8. Skyscanner at its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant to the Promotion where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms.
HOW TO ENTER
9. In order to enter the Promotion, you must create an account with Skyscanner for Business in order to generate an API key. You must then submit the email address used to generate your key in the form provided on the competition page. Skyscanner will track the project of your website or tool, and you can notify us of any exciting developments on Twitter using the hashtag #BuildwithSkyscanner. Entries will be judged on the position they are in as at the Closing Date (defined below).
10. Entries will be accepted from 00:00 GMT on 1st June 2016 (the “Commencement Date”) to 23:59 GMT on 8th October 2016 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received before the Commencement Date or after the Closing Date are invalid and will not be accepted. Skyscanner shall not be responsible for any entry submission failures caused by technical errors.
11. By entering the Promotion, you hereby warrant that your entry does not contain any content which (a) is plagiarised from or otherwise infringes the intellectual property of any third party or contains any third party material or content for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses, consents and/or approvals; (b) is defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence and/or in breach of privacy; (c) constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or (d) is technically harmful (including, without limitation, containing computer viruses).
12. By entering the Promotion, you hereby grant to the Skyscanner group (and its agents and partners) a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use your name, image, likeness and your entry (including without limitation any text, graphics, photographs comprised therein) for the purposes of promoting and/or marketing the Skyscanner brand and business.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS
13. The winning entry will be determined by a Skyscanner panel consisting of employees with relevant experience of B2B, marketing, and product. The panel will judge your entry as at the Closing Date objectively on the following criteria:
a) Quality of the product
b) Look and feel of the product
14. The winner will be contacted by email on 20th November 2016 for confirmation that they accept their prize and for any supporting information or actions that may be reasonably required for the provision of the prize. Failure to provide such information to Skyscanner’s satisfaction within 7 days of receipt of the email may result in the prize being forfeited and Skyscanner choosing to re-run the selection process to choose an alternative winner.
15. Failure to comply with the requirements set out in these Terms may result in a winner being disqualified and an alternative winner being chosen in their place. In addition, Skyscanner reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse to award any prize to any winner who has or, is deemed likely to have, violated any term or rule outlined in these Terms, gained unfair advantage or won the Promotion using fraudulent or unfair means.
16. The prize consists of:
(a) a visit to the Skyscanner head offices in Edinburgh for up to two representatives of the winner, where they shall undertake a programme of development and networking with key Skyscanner employees, including Skyscanner’s CEO. Skyscanner shall cover travel and expenses up to the total sum of £500 GBP per entry, with travel booked at the reasonable request of the winners. If any entry submitted by a team results in an inability to agree travel arrangements, Skyscanner shall make any bookings at its discretion.
(b) £1,000 GBP.
17. Receipt of the prize is conditional upon (i) the winners having a valid passport and visa (if appropriate) permitting travel to the relevant destination (Edinburgh, UK) with at least six (6) months’ validity; (ii) providing Skyscanner with adequate details to deliver the prize; and (iii) reaching agreement on a reasonable non-disclosure agreement. While Skyscanner will work with the winner in order to create a bespoke and valuable prize experience, the precise schedule and access to specific individuals cannot be guaranteed in advance and is ultimately subject to Skyscanner’s discretion.
18. The value of the prize is based on the recommended retail value or market value as at the time of being awarded. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. No cash alternative will be given for the prize element in 16(a). Where any element of the prize is unavailable, an alternative of equal value will be provided. Any extra costs beyond the value of the prize as outlined in these terms will be the responsibility of the winner.
19. In the event that the winner, for any reason, does not accept the prize or any element thereof, then the prize (or the relevant element) will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that forfeited prize (or the relevant element).
20. Skyscanner accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting any prize and advises entrants that independent financial advice be sought in the event of winning. Any extra activities and costs beyond the specified prize will be the responsibility of the winner, including obtaining travel insurance to cover healthcare, lost baggage and other related travel costs.
21. By accepting a prize, the winner accepts full and complete responsibility for their own safety and welfare at all times and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agrees that Skyscanner shall not be liable or responsible for any risks or damages associated with or arising out of the winner’s acceptance of the prize.
22. If you would like to receive a copy of these Terms free of charge, please contact us at the address set out in clause 2 above or at email@example.com.
23. All selections and decisions made by Skyscanner in conjunction with this Promotion are final and binding and no discussions will be entered into or correspondences entertained in this regard.
24. Skyscanner shall be entitled to terminate or modify the Promotion or these Terms at any time prior to the Closing Date by publishing any such modification or termination on the relevant Skyscanner website or otherwise communicating it in writing to entrants.
25. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Skyscanner and which prevents Skyscanner from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Terms (“Force Majeure Event”), Skyscanner will not be liable or responsible in any in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
26. Except in respect of liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for its fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by law, Skyscanner will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or claims arising out of or relating to the Promotion or the use of any prize, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
27. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, and you release Twitter in full from any liability which may arise relating to your participation in the Promotion.
28. Subject to receipt of valid and satisfactory evidence, we are happy to refund to you any unavoidable costs you incurred solely in order to enter the Promotion (except for costs relating to unlimited internet access subscription).
29. These Terms and the Promotion are governed by the laws of England & Wales and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.